Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us
Public Report
Report From: Delphi-BCB/AddOn/TChart    [ Add a report in this area ]  
Report #:  88905   Status: Closed
Dcc error file not found tee*.dfm
Project:  Delphi Build #:  15.0.3890.34076
Version:    15.0 Submitted By:   Maarten Keijsers
Report Type:  Basic functionality failure Date Reported:  10/13/2010 12:06:12 AM
Severity:    Serious / Highly visible problem Last Updated: 3/20/2012 2:24:39 AM
Platform:    All platforms Internal Tracking #:   280828
Resolution: Cannot Reproduce (Resolution Comments) Resolved in Build: : 16.0.4160.39608
Duplicate of:  None
Voting and Rating
Overall Rating: No Ratings Yet
0.00 out of 5
Total Votes: None
Description
On a project I am converting from Delphi 2007 to the Delphi XE, after adressing all the regular unicode issues, compiling failed at the linker stage reporting
[DCC Error] E1026 File not found: 'TeeBackImage.DFM'
[DCC Error] E1026 File not found: 'TeeEmbossEditor.DFM'
[DCC Error] E1026 File not found: 'TeeMouseCursor.DFM'
These files are indeed missing from the Lib directory.

I have managed to trace this into being caused by a print preview function for a TChart I used. This calls the ChartPreview function from the TeeEdiGene unit. This worked fine in Delphi 2007 (with TeeChart 7.11), but does no longer now. For us, this looked like a showstopper for converting the project to XE.

Please either provide the missing files, or at least modify the documentation to point to the workaround (see below).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new VCL Forms application.
2. Drop a TChart and a TButton on the form
3. Add "uses TeeEdiGene;" to the implementation.
4. In the button's onclick event handler, call:
ChartPreview (Self, Chart1);
5. Compile and run project.

Expected: project compiles and runs.
Actual result: linker fails with the 3 messages mentioned above.
Workarounds
I just found a workaround that looks very acceptable, which is the reason I rated this "Serious" and not "Critical / showstopper".

1. Remove uses TeeEdiGene, replace with uses TeePrevi;
2. Replace ChartPreview (Self, Chart1) with TeePreview (Self, Chart1)

Compile and run. The project now runs fine and the TeePreview call seems to have similar (if not the same) functionality as ChartPreview did.
Attachment
None
Comments

None

Server Response from: ETNACODE01